Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy what you read and find strength here.



"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto him in his own way. While it might not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundred fold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."







Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Some goals for this year...

This year my biggest goal is to find the beauty in life. Sometimes life seems to get "too busy," and I find myself missing the moments to stop and ponder and truly search for the many beauties in life. I was looking around the internet and was inspired by a painting I saw with some goals on it, so I decided to recreate the painting with several of my own goals added. I have made the goal to embrace change, to let go of my past and be willing to move on, and to sincerely smile. I have decided to forget my anxieties, trust in myself, be confident, and dance when everyone is looking :). I've decided to stop analyzing as much and to do unexpected things. I've made it a goal to not only try everything once but, to try everything twice, because everyone and everything deserves more than once chance. The Savior is so merciful and never stops giving us chances to come back to him; I want to be more like that. I've also made a goal to do more silly things and to not be as quick and anxious to grow up. Play in the rain , eat dessert first, and take an unplanned roadtrip. Most importantly I have been inspired to stop counting the minutes but instead count the laughs, come what may, and love it. These are but a few of my goals this year, but my hope is that these goals will help me to ultimately, find the beauty in life.

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Tori! You inspire me to step a little more outside my comfort zone and rearrange my priorities. You are amazing and I know you can do all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori, you inspired me to do my own post about the new year on my philosophy blog! I mentioned you too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your "do more silly things" goal the best! I think we can all benefit from that, right? Love it. -Sister Fitz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori, I can tell you have grown spiritually! Keep it up! I love you and miss you! Tammy G

    ReplyDelete